The Lindvall Family

The Lindvall Family
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, September 8, 2014

Emery Rose Lindvall

Emery Rose Lindvall joined our family on August 5, 2014.  She was 2 days overdue!  

I went to my dr. appointment on Monday and had my membranes stripped to try and get things moving.  This seemed to work as I went into labor around 3:30am.  I woke up with some pretty strong back contractions early in the morning and started timing them.  We waited around for a bit, but then decided it was time to head to the hospital around 5:50 in the morning.  I was around 6cm and 80 to 90% effaced when they checked me into the hospital.  We were then taken back to our room within a half and hour and after a few attempts they were able to get an IV in my arm.  My platelets were checked and were 99….anything 150 and above is normal.  I was prepared for a natural birth and no drugs (my dr. had been telling me to prepare for this since we first found out about my platelets around 27 or so weeks).  Things steadily progressed and after a few pushes around 10:23 am, Emery was born.  She was 7 pounds 4 ounces and 18.5 inches long.  We were surprised, as we both had thought the baby was a boy.  We still didn't have names going into the hospital, so we were running names past our nurse in between contractions and focusing on boy names.  Because of this, we didn't officially name her until about an hour after her birth.  

Emery was alert and came out screaming!! She looked exactly like big sis, Elliana, when she was born. The delivery went well and my recovery since then has been excellent.  I'm not sure if it is due to no drugs, but I virtually have had no pain since giving birth to her.  We delivered her at St. Ann's, which is where I had the other 2 kids.  All my kids were born on a Tuesday!  Our moms were both in the delivery room for Emery's birth.

Here are some pictures from our hospital stay...  

 Currently in labor and probably in between contractions in the picture above!
 It's a girl!!





 First bath….


 Look at that hair!!  Girlfriend has tons of hair!  The 2 comments we always get when people see her are: 1. They love her name and 2. They can't believe how much hair she has and how it always sticks up!






 Some skin to skin time….


We thought she looked exactly like Elli with Connor's nose!!


This girl loved her pacifier!!!!  
 Getting ready to head home!


All dressed up and ready to go….
 She wasn't a huge fan of the carseat!
 Welcome Emery Rose, we are so happy to have you with us!  You are the sweetest surprise we've ever received!!

No comments:

Post a Comment