The Lindvall Family

The Lindvall Family
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Mini Marathon

Scott and I had been training for the mini marathon since January!  We both felt really good about the half leading up to the race.  We both finished a 12 mile run a few weeks prior and it felt really good to both of us.  My friend, Megan, came from Ohio to run with me!

I ended up getting the stomach flu the day before the race and was only able to keep down a banana and a half that day.  I knew going into the morning that it wouldn't be a good run because of the way I was feeling, but gave it a try anyways.  

Right before the race….

I made it through, but did not do well at all.  It was pretty frustrating to have great training runs, but have a bad race due to being sick. I think Scott had a good run, but he wasn't real pleased with it.  He ended up getting sick a few times a couple days before the race.  He was able to eat good meals the day before the race, but said he could definitely tell his body was not 100% while running.
We will definitely be doing another half, but we're enjoying a break from the long runs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment