The Lindvall Family

The Lindvall Family
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, January 31, 2011

Elli's Stats

Last Friday we went to he dr. for Elli's 1 year check up. The dr. was really pleased with her development and was especially excited that she is free of bottles and pacifiers. Our main concern was that she is getting to be a picky eater, but he said it was completely normal. He told us that she is now at the age where we can offer her what we are eating and if she refuses then it is ok....we just shouldn't offer her different foods. I'm hoping this will help and she will soon grow out of this stage. Elli got an eye exam at this visit and she has an astigmatism. Right now I don't think there is anything they can do for it, but they referred her to an opthamologist.

She is weighing in at 18 pounds and 8 ounces and is 28.5 inches long. Elli is in the 25-50th percentile for both height and weight.

And while Elli continues to be growing, our next babe is just over 2 inches long and weighs a half an ounce. Wait....What....Huh?? Yep....that's right. I am expecting and I assure you, if you are surprised, we were too! No....more like shocked. But....although I still tend to get overwhelmed from time to time at the thought of having 2 kids 19 months apart....we are excited. Especially when I go back and look at pictures like this....

Elli was just a couple days old in this picture....when did she get so big??

I am due August 16th and we are looking forward to hearing the baby's heartbeat here in a couple weeks. We had an ultrasound 2 weeks ago and got to see the heartbeat. This pregnancy has been a lot different from Elli's. I was so sick with Elli, but haven't had too much morning sickness with this one. I've only gotten sick a couple times this time around and the nausea has been manageable. These days anything sweet sounds good and I'm pretty sure I'll have my 1st cavity once this pregnancy is over (my candy drawer is filled with gummy worms, twizzlers, etc....YUM). I have had a lot of food aversions, but I always manage to find something to eat. I have been extremely tired, so I'm hoping that I'll get some energy back as I am nearing the beginning of the 2nd trimester.

As of now, I'd like to hold out to the end to find out what we're having. Scott on the other hand is insistent that we find out in March whether it is a boy or girl. We really don't have a preference....

So....that is our news....Elli will be a big sis!

No comments:

Post a Comment