The Lindvall Family

The Lindvall Family
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 22, 2011

23 months already

Twenty-three months already? Well, not yet. On Monday Elliana will be 23 months old and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get this posted next week, so I figured I'd do it when I had the chance.

These are the things I want to remember about Elli at 23 (well...almost) months of age:

1.) When Elli is doing something she knows she is not supposed to, she tilts her head down, closes her eyes half way, and looks at you out of the corner of her eye.

2.) She gets so excited about animals, especially dogs.

3.) She loves being a Mommy to her baby doll. She intently watches me and then the next thing I know, Elli is doing the exact same thing with her baby that I did with Connor.

4.) Elli will find one of her purses, put it over her shoulder and tell me "bye-bye." When I ask her where she is going, she'll either tell me she is going "shopping," to "church," or to "work."

5.) She perseverates on different topics. Such as Daddy and Papa being on a plane, seeing Santa and telling him she wants a dog, Seeing a cow with Nana and being scared of it, being locked in a room, etc. I could go on and on....

6.) She loves telling stories (in her own way of course)

7.) She loves pestering Bella. She will take Bella's bones or ball and put it in places where Bella can't get to it. Elli will then laugh hysterically.

8.) Elli thinks passing gas or hearing someone pass gas is extremely funny. At least once a week at dinner, Elli lifts her leg and tries to push one out. She is very proud of herself when successful and thinks it is really funny. Oh the things her father teaches her (by the way...I know some people reading this think it is disgusting, but I have to comment on it for our documentation purposes)!

9.) She is REALLY into her blankets these days....not just her niney. One night she had to sleep with at least 6 of them, her niney, 3 dogs, and her bear.

10.) A highlight of her day is when Scott walks in the door from work. When she hears that door open, she immediately drops what she's doing and runs to him screaming "DADDY, DADDY, DADDY."

11.) She LOVES sweets. Cookies, chocolate, cake, mashmellows....you name it, she loves it!

12.) She is not as much of a picky eater as she used to be. Making one meal and making her eat whatever we do is paying off!

There is so much more I could write about, but I wanted to document one more milestone before I end this post. Elli had her first set of pigtails today!!




I'm not sure how often you'll see pigtails in her hair, as Scott wasn't much of a fan. He thought she didn't look like herself.

Happy Early 23 Month Birthday, Miss Elli Belly. I can't believe we'll be celebrating your 2nd birthday in just a month. You are growing way too fast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment