The Lindvall Family

The Lindvall Family
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 16, 2012

6 MONTHS

Has it already been 6 months? It is amazing how quickly time passes! I feel like Connor has grown so much over the past month and I can't believe we've already made it through 1/2 a year. These days, Connor is reaching and grabbing onto everything. Also, everything has been going into his mouth. He is giving us lots of smiles and giggles. He giggles most when he is exhausted and it is so fun to get him going. Scott is usually the one who can pull out the most smiles and laughs from Connor and he usually can do it as easily as walking into a room. Connor, too, loves when Scott comes home from work and gets a huge smile on his face while kicking his legs and waving his arms. I love, love, love this age that Connor is now!






Clearly proud of himself for taking down the bear!


Connor is spending more time on his stomach these days and less time on his back. Almost as soon as I lay him on his back, he turns over. Just within the past couple of days, it is getting harder and harder to change his diaper because of this. He is also starting to put his pacifier in his mouth, but can't always figure out what to do when he has it turned around. He is sitting up pretty well, but we still have to sit right by him in case he tumbles over, which he has done a couple times. One thing that I can't get Connor to do is hold his own bottle. Sure, he can take the bottle, hold it in his hands, and put it to his mouth when he is playing, but when it comes to actually drinking it....he won't do it. He holds his arms completely out. I don't think this has anything to do with his motor skills, but more about him being high maintenance. Speaking of being high maintenance, Connor has to have his bottle hot and won't take it if it is not. This little guy loves eating and so far hasn't refused any solid food that I've given him. He's been getting 2 solid feedings a day and is a big eater- especially in the morning. Although he hasn't refused anything I've given him, I can tell he enjoys sweet foods (apples, pears, bananas, sweet potatoes) more than the rest. I'm making a good amount of his food, but also buying some of it. I love how easy of a transition solids were for him because they were definitely a struggle for Elli. Just within the past couple of days I've started giving him a sippy cup. As of now, he is just getting used to it, as he doesn't know how to drink from it yet.

One thing that has been a struggle with Connor has been his inconsistency in terms of naps. This week, Connor has been sleeping more during the day than he ever has. Typically, Connor will average 2 to 3 hours total of sleeping during the day. This week he has been sleeping probably 4 hours out of the day. This has been an off week for him because he has been waking up at 6:20 (normally he wakes up between 8 & 8:30). His bedtime continues to be 7:30 and usually he passes out while taking his bottle right at that time. Connor doesn't have any teeth yet, but we are pretty sure some are moving around in there because we have had a rough couple of nights. Saturday night was the worst and would really only sleep on me....I finally went to bed at 5:30am that morning only to wake up 1.5 hours later to a crying baby. Needless to say, I didn't make it to church on Sunday!

Connor is such a sweet, sweet baby and getting more fun everyday! I've been hearing so much lately that he looks exactly like me, but I still can't tell!




Happy 6 month birthday, Bubba! I wish you could stay this small forever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment