The Lindvall Family

The Lindvall Family
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, May 24, 2010

Looking back

ONE YEAR ago this Thursday, we began planning for our little Elli. I felt a little different at work, but wasn't supposed to take a pregnancy test until the next day (dr. orders since I was on clomid). I couldn't help it....as soon as I got home, I ran upstairs and grabbed a test from my stash:) I didn't tell Scott what I was doing because I was sure he'd tell me to wait until the next day to test! I hurried up, took the test and was expecting to see a negative result like I had seen so many times before. I looked at the test and was shocked to see a different result! Now, I had memorized what a "positive" test had looked like, but I still had to check the instructions just for peace of mind. And so I got my confirmation....I was pregnant!! I ran downstairs yelling "I'm pregnant, I'm pregnant!".....

Scott was a little shocked....immediately thinking "dollar signs"...."How much is this baby going to cost me?"

Then he started getting excited.....


And....we couldn't wait to tell our Bells....She was excited, but didn't realize how much the baby would change her life!!



We loaded up Bella and went to get ice cream to celebrate! We found out we were pregnant exactly one week before our anniversary! It was perfect timing and that is where our journey began! Wow....what a difference a year makes!! We'd do it all over again in a heartbeat....itching, blistering, morning sickness, tiredness, labor, etc...! Some people get a tattoo in honor of their children....I say who needs a tattoo when you've got a permanent scar from a skin biopsy....I will never forget that pregnancy! I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat! We couldn't live without our little Elli!!
****************************************************************
Elli is 17 weeks old and growing like a weed! I'm looking forward to finding out how long she is this Friday at her appointment. We had to take Elli to the dr. last week and found out she was 12 pounds and 2 ounces....she has almost doubled her weight since she was born!
We took this picture after her bath on Sunday....

Yes Elli, the bath was traumatic for us also! We experienced our first "floater" and some during bath time on Sunday night! Yikes! :) At least she is going, right? :)
*************************************************
Waiting for her bottle! She is now taking about 5 ounces a feeding and sometimes more! We are thinking that she is going through a growth spurt....her sleeping has regressed and she is once again getting up at night....usually about 1:30am and 5:00am. I've read this is normal around 4 months of age due to a growth spurt and I'm hoping it won't last long. She is not getting fed in the middle of the night, but is sometimes up for a little bit at 1:30am. We have now been putting her down for naps and at night without rocking her all the way to sleep and she has done great! Our dr. gave us the go ahead last week (usually they don't recommend this until 4 months) and she has had very little trouble. She only occasionally cries a tiny bit and is usually fast asleep in no time at all! Elli gets a book before bed each night now and she seems to enjoy looking at the pictures.
***********************************************************************

We had a great time with Bella's birthday this weekend and had a lot of fun hanging out with our friends!! Bella enjoyed being around the other dogs at the dog park and at Garrett and Kelli's house! I made the dogs a special cake and they loved it!

Hunter, Riley, and Bella. Bella hung out with the "boys" on Sunday. We're missing 1 dog in this picture, the other Riley.....he wasn't able to come back to Garrett and Kelli's house.


Some of the group....


Best. Gift. Ever!!!! Bella and Hunter LOVE playing together! Hunter got bella this "best" charm to wear around her collar and he has the "friends" charm. Her charm came in this Tiffany & Co. bag. haha...Kelli....you are so clever! Bells loves the gift and is proud to wear it around her neck!!
*************************************************************
Elliana has been quite the talker lately!! I often hear her in her crib before or after her nap just chatting away! I was able to get this video of her when she was in a good mood on Sunday.



******************************************************************
Elli is 4 months old tomorrow! Where has time gone?? Her 4-month-old photo shoot will be today....a day early! There is no way I would be able to get her to sit after daycare tomorrow....she'll be too tired! I'll post those pictures either later today or later in the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment