The Lindvall Family

The Lindvall Family
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 27, 2010

5 Months Old

5 Months Old

Look at what a big girl I am....sitting up all by myself in the new outfit Nana L. got me!!


Well, we officially have a 5 month old! What a joy she is each and every day! These days, Elli enjoys playing with anything she can get her hands on and typically puts all toys in her mouth! She is able to sit up on her own for a few minutes at a time. This has made feeding her solids extremely difficult! During feeding, she now always has to sit up and refuses to lean back against the highchair. Elli has also gotten pretty smart when it comes to eating. She's learned to completely turn her head and glue her lips shut when I try to get food in her mouth. We haven't found a food she just loves (except her prunes), but we continue trying. We have one more veggie to try and then we're on the fruit. I'm almost certain I have a "sweet tooth" girl on my hands and she'll enjoy fruits.


Elli is also becoming more independent with her bottle and feels like it is necessary to always help us hold it. We've been practicing letting her hold it on her own and she does a pretty good job. The other day when I was getting ready, she was doing a good job holding the bottle so I thought "Great....I'll just let her eat while I finish getting us ready." I came back to find she was flinging the bottle all around and had gotten milk all over her little dress....she's not quite old enough to be completely trusted with the bottle....I learned that quickly :)


As of today, Elli has also been trying to roll from her back to her stomach. We have been praying for this day to come (when she turns over on her back during the night, she wakes up until we come in to turn her back over. Also, at daycare they can't put her on her stomach to sleep which is her preference....so she sleeps very little at daycare....not a back sleeper). We watched for a couple minutes as Elliana tirelessly would roll to her side and push to try to get on her stomach. Scott was cheering her on like he was watching his favorite football team. Finally he said, "I can't take it anymore, I'm going to go help her....I just don't want her to get discouraged." So he gave her a little push and when she rolled over she was grinning from ear to ear!! Such a big girl we have!!


I wen t the dr. on Saturday morning and made it home just in time to get some good pictures of Elli after her nap. Happy 5 mo. birthday little lady!!


Notice she is not leaning on the back of the chair! She's just too cool for that these days!




We see this tongue quite frequently these days!


Preoccupied with the bear....


Trying to figure out how she can get it in her mouth....


Back on focus....


So easy to get a smile out of this little girl (when she is happy that is!!)

****************************************************

I had planned on making a quick trip home Sunday-Tuesday; however, I got sick at the beginning of this week and just haven't gotten over it as quickly as I'd hoped. Luckily, I'm on antibiotics now and we felt that it was best if I just stayed here and tried to rest so I wouldn't be sick on our trip to FL.


We were able to meet Nana and Papa L. today (Sunday) at Indiana Lake. We toured the lake and found out that it was pretty big and relatively nice. We had dinner, went to the beach, and ate some ice cream. Scott and I couldn't wait for them to see Elli....it has been at least 3 weeks since they had seen her last. Lately, she's been so much more aware and so much fun that we couldn't wait for them to see the changes in her. Unfortunately, she choose to be relatively cranky....they did get to see some smiles. As luck would have it, she was happier than ever as soon as we got her home and ready for bed....figures....she always does that to us!





I had to post this picture! Look at her smile...haha! Usually we use Sophie (her favorite toy) to get some grins out of her!






Scott got his father's day present from his parents and this was his card. I always knew Elliana would make the cover of a card, I just didn't know it would be so soon! How cute is this Father's Day Card? Thanks for Scott's gift, Elli's new clothes/book/hat, cookbook, and bracelet!

***************************************************************

And because we don't have any recent picture of me and my #1 girl.....



******************************************************************
I'll leave you with a cute video of Elli's giggle and her trying to do what I was doing. Turn up the volume to hear the giggle....it is right at the beginning!!





1 comment:

  1. I can't believe she is sitting up on her own! Also, where did you get those onsies? Those would be great gifts to give someone!

    ReplyDelete