The Lindvall Family

The Lindvall Family
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Our first night away.....

Elliana is another week old! There have been so many things lately that have reminded us of how big Elli is getting!

1. There are no more "newborn" inserts in her swing or car seat
2. She is getting better with hand-eye coordination
3. She has moved on to size 2 diapers
4. She is wearing some 6 month clothes
5. She is rolling onto her back like crazy these days....esp. in her crib
6. She has started on solids
6. She gets up on her hands instead of arms during tummy time
7. AND....the dr. thinks she has started the process of teething

I can't believe how much she has grown. We had to make an impromptu trip to the dr. on Monday morning for possible pink eye. She was 13 pounds 4 ounces. Wow!! She is beginning to giggle more and more these days. My mom and I learned the other night that her favorite word is "poo-poo" or "poopy." Yep, that's right....taking after her father! When we would say those words and only those words she would just crack up! She did this for a couple minutes! I tried to get a video of it, but I was a little too late!

Today, Elli and I had some special visitors come! Sarah, Sharon and my mom arrived at our house around 11:30 and stayed until about 7:30. Elli was a little cranky at first, but got better once we hit the malls (obviously, I should have known a little shopping therapy would calm her). She was quite the trooper seeing as how she missed most of her afternoon nap. We took turns (well...mainly Sharon, Mom and Sarah) took turns carrying her around! I'm hoping that when we do this next year, we will have another little one to buy for....and no not from me (hint...hint Sarah)! :) We had a great time....I think Elliana and I will try and make a trip to IN for another shopping day around the holidays!




**************************************************

Papa and Nana brought me some clothes last time they came for a visit! This is one of Elli's 6 month outfits! What a pretty little model! Thanks Papa for picking it out for me....I love it...can you tell?
*****************************************************
For my birthday, Scott planned a trip to hocking hills. This was my first night away from Elli....I missed her, but I couldn't wait to get a FULL NIGHT OF SLEEP!! Wow...it felt great! We slept 8 hours Friday night and 9 hours Saturday night!! I hadn't slept that good since....well...probably before I was pregnant with Elli. We stayed 2 nights in a cabin. We did lots of hiking and a little shopping. We had a great time, but we were ready to see our 2 little girls!

The upstairs of the cabin....our room.


Downstairs. The stairs lead up to the room you just saw!

Outside of the cabin. On the back, we had a hot tub and sitting area.

Below are pictures from our hike. We went to 3 different caves and probably hiked about 6 miles and were exhausted when we were done!!














The pictures don't do it justice. It was a tad foggy, but we really had great weather. It rained while we shopped, so it worked out perfectly!
***************************************************

Thanks Nana B. for watching me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment