The Lindvall Family

The Lindvall Family
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

These days Elli keeps us laughing much of the day. She is getting such a personality and understands so much of what we say. If you ask her where her "poo poo" is she will lift up her skirt or put her hand right on her bottom. Sometimes we ask her if she has to "poo poo" and we get a big grunt out of her. It is the funniest thing. I could tell story after story, but I'm exhausted right now! She still loves dancing and also enjoys singing! Going outside to play is a favorite activity.

Recently, I've taped 2 episodes of sesame street not knowing if this is something she would actually sit and watch (she has yet to sit down for more than 3 or so minutes to watch a t.v. show). Well....she LOVED them....we only watched certain parts of each episode for only about 15 minutes. Cookie monster and Elmo have become 2 very close friends of hers and she enjoys seeing their face whenever possible.

Elli has become quite the helper. She enjoys sweeping the floor, helping put laundry in the dryer, folding clothes (obviously this means that I usually have to fold the clothes 2 different times), handing me clothes while I hang them up, putting away food in the fridge, throwing away trash, and so much more. She helped us plant some vegetables tonight and loved watering them with her own watering can. I'd say she's earning her keep around this house :)

I had a really great mother's day weekend! We started the weekend out with a ride in the "wagon" around the neighborhood. We got a lot done around the house on Saturday and went out to dinner that night. Elli did great at dinner; however, I unfortunately started feeling sick right as we sat down. I then spent the rest of the dinner having some pretty strong braxton hicks contractions.....this guy definitely didn't want us to forget he was there. I felt much better after I relaxed that night and drank lots of water.





We will be getting Elli a wagon of her own soon. This is Scott's lawn cart!

***************************************************
Elli and I on Mother's Day....


Little princess in her church outfit! I took her to the toddler classroom and I heard one of the women tell the other workers "She's so sweet....she never cries." I laughed and told them they must be thinking of another child! Never cries??


"Hi Mom!" Elli took more rides in her "wagon."


We played outside for quite a while on Sunday. Our neighbor's 2nd grade kid came and played with her for a while. She was fascinated by him and completely forgot that I was there. She wanted nothing to do with me and everything to do with him. Hmmm....a crush?

***********************************

Pictures with my girls for mother's day!!




After playing outside and running errands, Scott and Elli got an ice cream cake for me! He knows how much I LOVE ice cream cakes!!


They spoil me way too much!


Elli enjoyed the ice cream cake just as much as we did!


**********************************************

I'm beginning to discover all the things that Columbus has to offer for toddlers. Our usual trip to the library for circle time on Tuesdays has been put on hold until June. The library takes a break during May for circle time. I signed us up for a free class today at a place called "My Little Gym." It was basically a 45 minute gymnastic class for toddlers. Elli was all over the place and loved everything! I told Scott we will definitely be enrolling her in a little gymnastics class in a couple years.


We've also been going to the mall to play in the play area and over to the park when the weather is good. This Friday we are going with one of my friends and her son to a coffee shop where they have music and story time for kids. There are a couple other places I want to try out, but next week we are pretty much booked. I have to take Elli into work on Monday for a meeting (ha....we'll see how that goes) and then we have plans to go to the zoo with one of my friends later in the week. I'm really enjoying all these activities with my little girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment