The Lindvall Family

The Lindvall Family
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Random Updates

Elli continues to grow and develop daily! She is an active little girl that is always on the move. She just recently mastered jumping with both feet coming off the ground together. She got a little taste of what a trampoline was like while we were at my staff meeting for work yesterday. Elli loved the trampoline in the occupational therapy gym and many more OT related activities.

Elli's speech is developing....just a little slower that we'd like. Elli is now effectively telling us "no" and we often hear this when she is getting ready to go to bed, take a nap, or like tonight- when she didn't want to eat her pizza (who doesn't want papa johns pizza????). She is saying "da" for "dog" and can pick out a dog anywhere. And using "mo" for "more" (along with her sign), mama, dada, yeah, no, "I" for "hi," and "dah" or "dow" for "down. She is still using her signs. We've noticed some frustration, as Elli tries to tell us what she wants, but can't effectively communicate it.

Elliana is all girl! Her outfit is typically not complete with out the appropriate accessory- her necklaces. If she sees me putting on a necklace, she thinks she has to have one too! One of her favorite activities is "helping" me put on make-up. She likes to dig through my make-up bag to find the right colors for her! I take the make up (with the lids on) and touch her face in the right places....she gets a huge smile on her face, as she thinks she has a face full of make-up. She loves chapstick and I have appropriately taught her how to smack her lips together to make sure the chapstick evenly spreads on her lips :) She needs product on her hair if she sees me put some on mine (obviously we just pretend we are squirting it) and enjoys a good purse. Lotion is a necessity if she sees it out on the counter or sees me put it on. She is a good mom to her baby doll and has just recently started smacking her lips while giving the baby a bottle or some food (which I think is incredibly cute).

Elli continues to rely on her "niney" or blanket for comfort. I found a pacifier behind her crib and I was curious to see what she'd do with it since she hasn't had hers for quite some time. She got a huge smile on her face when I handed it to her and then proceeded to give it to a baby doll. I was really happy to see her do this....hopefully she'll be a big help when her little brother gets here by giving him his paci.

I haven't done a great job at pictures this week. I meant to get some good pictures of Elli in her new wagon (thanks Nana and Papa Lindvall), but it has been raining ever since Saturday evening. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate for this weekend because I know Elli will want to take a couple rides in it.

Here are some pictures of Elli before church on Sunday. Her Nana and Papa Lindvall got this dress for her and I think it is so cute. She looks like a little doll and we got a lot of compliments on it at church on Sunday. She wasn't cooperating with pictures, so we had to give her Scott's phone to keep her still....







Obviously laughing at Bella. She loves her dog. We've practiced singing "Happy Birthday" to Bella many times today. Bella celebrates her 3rd birthday on Saturday!






And the photo shoot was over. Elli became too interested in the camera and wanted to sit on my lap to look at the pictures....

No comments:

Post a Comment