The Lindvall Family

The Lindvall Family
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 31, 2012

6 years of marriage

On Sunday (June 3rd), Scott and I celebrated 6 years of marriage.  We've had a great 6  years with more good than bad.  So....here is a little recap of our 6 years of marriage!

Year 1: We married on June 3rd....


And left early the next morning to Ocho Rios, Jamaica
In September of that year, I started my masters at Ohio State.  I spent much of my 2 years at OSU with the ladies in the below picture.  We all became fast friends- even our husbands/boyfriends became friends.
In March, Scott and I went to New York over my spring break with Amber and Jeremy.  I love the picture below.  I was intent on us getting our picture taken with that guy.  Scott kept telling me it cost money and sure enough we had to pay and Scott hated getting this picture taken!! 
A week after we went to New York, we headed off to Chicago with Sarah and Travis for the weekend.


Year 2:  During year 2 of our marriage, we took a trip to St. George's Island with my whole family  and took a trip to Walt Disney World with Scott's family.
We also went to Breckenridge, CO over New Year's that year.  The ironic thing about this trip is that as we were flying out of Denver, Scott said that he would love to live in an area like that.  Little did we know, we'd be planning a move there a few years later.

This year, Scott was also offered a sales position with Net Jets. 

Year 3: During year 3 of our marriage, I graduated from grad. school, finally!!  Received my license and got a job!  We also made a quick mini trip to Michigan.
We also bought our first house and got our dog, Bella on July 4th!  We moved into our house on August 14th, a week before graduation!

Right after graduation, Scott and I went to Cancun, Mexico to celebrate!
We also found out a week before our 4 year anniversary that we were pregnant!

Year 4: I was pregnant much of our 4th year of marriage.

And I HAD to post the next picture, it basically recaps my 1st pregnancy- horrible! Sick well into the 2nd trimester and then the development of blistering and a rash all over my body....
My fingers looked much better in this picture...it was a lot worse than that.  But the pink stuff is calamine lotion smeared all over.  It was horrible, but after a skin biopsy, 2 doses of an oral steroid, and a topical steroid- it finally started to go away.  If you've ever had poison ivy, it felt like that that times a million....ALL over my body.  (my hand was on Bella's bed, hence the dog hair!).

During this year, we also went to Hilton Head with my family and Dale Hollow with Scott's family.  Scott also got a promotion to be a Sales Consultant with NetJets.

On January 26th, we had this little lady and were forever changed- Miss Elliana Marie Lindvall. 

After my maternity leave with Elli, I switched jobs and moved to a private practice around the Polaris area.  I also went from working full-time to part-time. 

Year 5:  I have no pictures for year 5, but it ended up being just as eventful as the rest.  We spent a week in Florida with my family and a week at Dale Hollow with Scott's family.  We found out I was pregnant a few weeks before Christmas.  Also, we celebrated Elli's 1st birthday.  In April, we went to Vegas with our good friends, Sarah and Travis.

Year 6: This year proved to be exciting, stressful, exhausting, and so much more.  We spent much of last summer planning for Connor and hanging out around Columbus.  We added a patio to our house 1 or 2 weeks before Connor was born. 

And then the day before Connor was born, Scott was offered two promotions with NetJets- he was able to decide between those or stay as a consultant with the company.  Scott held off for a week to tell me about the new positions (smart guy) and we had Connor the next day without me knowing about the promotions. 

Connor Lee Lindvall was born at 10:30 on August 16th. 

There is a lot surrounding our decision about Scott's job that I won't get into.  Let's just say, making a decision to move 19 hours away with an 18 month old and a 1 week old that isn't sleeping through the night was extremely exhausting! Anyways, we made the decision that Scott would take the senior vice president  position out West.  We decided that we'd move to Denver, CO (we had a choice of a few states out west).  So for 6 months we spent the little bit of downtime that we had with a newborn cleaning out closets, meeting with our realtor, and preparing to move out West.  It was stressful!  In the meantime, I quit my job as a Speech-Language Pathologist. 
We found out in January, a week after we went to Denver to look for houses, that Scott's company was going to let us stay and allow him to do the job of a VP. We were very happy about this decision. I'm still 'retired' and are unsure as to if or when I'll go back to work.  We're just taking it day by day and I'm enjoying staying at home with the kiddos.  So, the above picture is us celebrating his promotion as a family when Connor was about 4 weeks old (notice how small he is?).
This year, we also made a trip to Brown County for a family reunion, 2 trips to Florida, and a trip to Chicago with our friends (Sarah and Travis).
So, here we are, 6 years later, 2 kids (that apparently don't like to get their picture taken)....still going strong!

It all started 11 years ago, on a triple date with our friends at Burger King (and we still very much enjoy Burger King).....

Here's to us, Mr. Lindvall!  Happy 6 year anniversary, best friend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment