The Lindvall Family

The Lindvall Family
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Potty Trained

Connor's been going on the potty since May, but every time I decided to do 'underwear only' he'd have a messy accident and I'd put the pull-ups back on.  Towards the end of October I decided enough was enough and that we were giving up the diapers/pull-ups for good!  Lucky me, the first day I decided to do this, he of course had the runs.  We powered through it though and I'm so glad we did.  Since he had been going pee for so long on the potty, it didn't take him much time to get the hang of wearing underwear only…..#2 was another story.  For about 2 weeks, I cleaned up more poo than I'd like to remember.  At one point I told Scott that I'd buy him the whole store of toys-r-us if he'd just poo on the potty….and I was totally serious.  Luckily, it only cost me a $15 dollar thomas the train track before he did his business on the potty.  We had about 2 more accidents of poo after that….then one day at nap time I caught him before he went….stuck him on the potty and told him it was ok and that everyone did it.  He then went through almost everyone in the family reassuring himself that it was ok that he was going "Daddy goes, Uncle Ross goes, Nana goes, Papa goes…."  He then began cracking up every time one went in the toilet saying things like "That's a little one.  There's a mickey poopy. I see more."  He then made me shout "It's out, It's out" (I'm not joking….he made me say this).  He still cracks up every time he goes….he thinks it's the funniest thing!  He has been officially potty trained for a couple weeks now.  I'm sure we'll still have some accidents in the future and he does need reminders to go, but it feels soooo good that we are diaper free (with the exception of diapers at night).  He's been in underwear at naps for about a month now with no accidents.  And I'm happy to report that he woke up dry this morning after bedtime!!!!!!  Yay Connor!!!!

(By the way, I know no one cares about potty training, but I wanted to keep a record for  our sake)!

No comments:

Post a Comment