The Lindvall Family

The Lindvall Family
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, March 14, 2014

Baby Lindvall #3 Update

Scott and I had our second ultrasound this past Monday and it was by far the best ultrasound we've had of any of our kids.  This baby was active, which I knew….I've been feeling him/her for weeks now.  The baby's kicks are getting stronger and it shouldn't be too long before Scott and the kids are able to feel his/her's kicks.  I am just shy of 20 weeks at this point and can't believe we're pretty much already to the halfway point!  We decided not to find out the gender of this baby.  If you ask Scott, he's sure it's a boy (and has even been calling him by a name….and no, we haven't even really talked about names much)….I thought it looked like a girl during the ultrasound.  

 I'm feel pretty good at this point!  I'm much bigger at 20 weeks than I was with the other 2 and my weight on the scale is showing that.  The dr. had said that this happens a lot of times with the 3rd pregnancy and the increase in weight gain is just par for the course and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it.  (I mean….the things that sound good are asparagus, zucchini, salads, etc…..I'm not eating unhealthy). My morning sickness has been gone for about 2 weeks now (amen for no more vomiting).  It was a rough couple months of having extreme food aversions and morning sickness, so I'm glad it is over.  My energy hasn't come back like I hoped it would, but I'm able to deal with it for 20 more weeks.  I'm experiencing headaches and reflux with this pregnancy….I never really had these symptoms with the other 2.  I was able to get in about 2 to 3 miles of exercise about 4 times a week with running on the treadmill or using the elliptical.  I had a goal of running a 5k at the end of March, but I'm unable to now….I've had a lot of pain and the dr. no longer wants me doing those things for exercise….he said I can try to ride a bike or walk, but other than that no more running (he's not worried about the baby, just worried about damage to my body because my joints are spread out more with this pregnancy).  

The dr. was really pleased with the baby's development.  He can tell that this baby has no Spina Bifida and no cleft lip.  The baby's heart and brain look really good.  The baby is measuring right on schedule.  
 Here is a picture of the baby looking right at us….you can see the eyes and hand up by his/her ear.  She/He kept scratching his/her ear during the ultrasound.

 This is the baby's profile and you can see his/her leg/femur…..his/her knee is up by the face.
 The baby's foot.
Another picture of the baby looking at us and you can see the hand.  At this point the dr. said, 'HE is looking right at us….or she is looking at us.'  This is after he'd already looked 'down there' and Scott is sure he slipped, but I think it definitely looked like a girl.  Who knows!  Elli really wants a baby sister and Connor wants a baby brother.  We'll find out in August!

No comments:

Post a Comment