The Lindvall Family

The Lindvall Family
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Trip to Indy

A few weeks ago, we took a trip to Indy to visit the Roberts family.  We left right after preschool on Wednesday and returned home on Friday afternoon.  The kids were so excited to get there!  I needed some time away from here, as Scott had been working a lot/traveling recently and doing this by myself while being pregnant is much harder than I anticipated.  

Wednesday afternoon we let the kids play and then did movie night!  We let Kensley and Elli sleep together on Wednesday night….they did well falling asleep, but decided that it was appropriate to play for 2 hours in the middle of the night.  Amber and Jeremy were in charge of them and got little sleep that night.  I, on the other hand, was dealing with a 2.5 year old (ahem….Connor) who decided to keep me up all.night.long with what appeared to be 'growing pains.'  It was a rough night for all.  We headed to the library on Thursday morning and had to cut that trip short because my kids were not behaving.  We left there and headed to McDonalds where the kids were on their best behavior (I had quite the discussion with them in the car).  
I love 2 things about this picture….1. Connor wearing Kensley's skates and 2. The way Avery is standing!

 We took the kids to skyzone to get out some energy on Friday morning.  Although we all slept better Thursday evening, some of the kids seemed to still be tired.  Connor could have jumped all. day. long.  I even got in some exercise!!

 And this was my favorite part of the whole trip.  After skyzone, we went to Chic-fil-A for lunch before the kids and I headed back home.  I caught Connor being so sweet to Maddy and playing with her.
This was my attempt at getting a video of Maddy and Connor in the midst of breaking up a fight between Kensley and Elli.  Do you hear Elli in the background?  Everytime she sees this, she gets very embarrassed by the way she was acting.  I held it together and didn't start banging my head against the table (although I really wanted to….).  

I'm really not sure what exactly triggered the kids' behaviors on this trip.  Being sick, not enough sleep?  Anyways, it didn't matter.  The kids weren't allowed to watch any movies on the way home, look at any of their books or listen to their music.  For 3 straight hours, we listened to my music and it was wonderful.  The kids could either sit and look out the window or sleep.  Then, I took away T.V. for a whole week, all movies in the car, and all iPad and/or iPhone games for a week.  Last week was the best week….the kids played with their toys and did so much better playing with each other.  I have yet to let them watch movies in the car and honestly it'll probably be awhile before we let them again.  They both earned back T.V. last weekend, but have had it on a very limited basis.  Neither of them have asked for it much and it has been really nice.

Scott met us at the house when we pulled up.  He took both kids to the grocery store on Saturday morning while I was able to stay back and get some things done around here.  Although it was a small break, it was just what I needed after having a few crazy weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment