The Lindvall Family

The Lindvall Family
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, March 14, 2014

Connor 2.5

Connor turned 2.5 years old a few weeks ago and is truly the sweetest kid.  He has such a fun personality and it's fun to see all the new things he learns each week!  Connor is a sensitive kiddo and hates getting in trouble.  When we start to raise our voice, he immediately says "You mad at me?" while his lip quivers and then proceeds to start crying.

 Connor loves being around Scott and I!  In any given day, he usually goes back and forth between who he favors (Scott or I), but the majority of the time, he's a mama's boy.  Before bed we read books and he rarely lets Scott read to him or put him to bed.  I love it when he says "Mama, I want to snuggle." Lately, I've caught a lot of grief from Scott and Amber about babying him, but geez I just can't help it….he's so sweet.  My friends joke that I'm going to be one of those moms that thinks no girls are good enough for him….and yeah maybe (kidding….I'll let him get married….when he's 50).  He's always generous with hugs and kisses!  And when I wear my hair in a ponytail he always says 'Mom, you put your hair in a pony?  I don't like it.'  Yes, this kid does not like it when I put my hair in a ponytail…weird, but it's something I want to remember about him!
(Ok….so in my defense in these pictures…I had some major morning sickness going on….)
 Connor LOVES playing the guitar!  I take him to the library every Wednesday while Elli is at school.  He looks forward to it every week!  The 'teacher' there plays the guitar and Connor loves to act like him (Mr. Ryan) at home.  Here is a picture of him being Mr. Ryan at story time (crossing his legs, with his shoes on….the whole thing).  Two weeks ago, Connor got special treatment at the library….Mr. Ryan pulled him up after class (he noticed that when Connor would sing, he would act like he was playing a guitar) and let Connor play his guitar!
 Connor is so close to being completely potty trained.  He is completely potty trained during the day and wakes up dry many mornings.  We've had a little setback during nights because of him being sick, but he is doing a great job holding it during the night.
 Connor still loves playing his his trains, but isn't as obsessed as he used to be.  He loves his trucks, tractors, and loves to color!  He loves wearing his jerseys and calls himself "Peyton Manning" when he does.  He can count to 10, knows all his colors, and we are currently working on his ABC's (although it's nearly impossible for me to get him to sit down and work on it with me).  He is such a talker and has been able to carry on a conversation for quite some time!  His single word utterances developed so quickly into 5 to 6 word utterances.  As a result, he is now stuttering (this is typical for kids his age due to how quickly they are picking up language).  It varies each day….some days it's pretty bad where he gets real frustrated on certain words saying, "I can't say it."  And it's even caused a meltdown when he couldn't get out what he was trying to say.  Just within the past few days it hasn't been as bad. We'll continue to monitor it for the next 3 to 6 months and it should resolve on its own.
 Connor has his 2.5 year check up last week and the kids were cracking me up at this appointment.  The dr. was pleased with how well Connor is developing.  He is still a small little guy…..26.4 pounds (10-25% percentile) and 35.5 inches (25-50% percentile)…..he will officially be tall enough to ride Barnstormer at Disney here in a few days and he is so excited about it.  The dr. said he still has his VSD and we'll follow up with the cardiologist in a few years in regards to it.
Connor loves playing with his sister and occasionally they'll play well together.  He calls her "sissy" and I love it…..I hope he always calls her this!  

Happy 2 years and 6 months, Bubs!  You are so sweet, kind, funny, silly and you make me melt every single time you give me a hug….or when you say "ganks" (i.e. "thanks") when we tell you we love you.  You always tell me that you aren't my baby, but you will ALWAYS be my little baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment