The Lindvall Family

The Lindvall Family
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Elli is growing so quickly these days....it is hard to believe that she is almost 14 months old! We've been trying to take advantage of the warmer days lately, as this girl loves to be outside! We've been making many trips to the park and we even let Bella tag along yesterday. It was quite a chore taking both of them as Bella tends to drag us....I woke up this morning with a sore shoulder :) Elli enjoys the slide and swing. Yesterday, she kept wanting to go down the slide though.

I spoke too soon when I wrote last week that our sickness was finally gone :) Scott and I found ourselves taking Elli to the urgent care on Saturday night and then driving all around to find a 24 hour pharmacy. Elli started having a fever and she was taking short, shallow breaths, which prompted our trip. She ended up having a double ear infection, so we go back to the dr. next Friday for an ear check. They gave us numbing drops for her ear and a stronger antibiotic than last time. I'm hoping this will clear everything up. She is still pretty congested. Luckily, Elli is able to understand when I tell her to "cough" so this has helped clear her throat some.

Elli understands the majority of what we tell her these days. She is becoming quite the helper and enjoys throwing her diaper in the trash can or diaper genie. I have to be careful because sometimes she'll take a clean diaper and head over towards the trash. Currently, she is signing 6 words: more, all done, please, milk, cookie, and wash. She is able to do some of them without prompting from me (esp. more....we see her do this all the time to try and get what she wants). She is using many different sounds, but hasn't quite formed a meaningful word. She is a little delayed on her expressive communication, but I'm not really surprised since she was such an early walker. She is able to identify her belly, ears and tongue on herself. She can identify "nose" on her animals or will just sniff if you ask her where her nose is. Elli is so much fun these days and we typically spend our days laughing at all of the silly things she does!

Elliana is doing great with eating!! Only making 1 meal for dinner and making her eat what we eat is wonderful! I can't imagine doing it any differently.....I can't believe how far she has come!

These days, Elli LOVES to run and does so all over the place. I took this yesterday when we were playing at the park.
****************************************************
HAPPY BELATED ST. PATRICK'S DAY!! It was so nice when we got home from work on Thursday....we took her outside to play for a bit....(notice the green in her outfit!!)



Running after Daddy

Doing her fake laugh....probably at Bella



Laughing at Bella catching the Ball (she LOVES Bella)!!

*******************************************************
I wanted to post a picture of Elli in her new "Big Sister" shirt, but I didn't get my camera out in time on Sunday. During nap, I went on a short shopping trip to pick up some things. I got Elli and this new baby matching (as matching as you can get with a boy and girl) shirts....Elli's says "Big Sister" and his says "Little Brother". The difference in size is unreal. I forgot how small newborns are. I went through her stuff today and realized how much I needed to get for this little guy.....so far he has a couple gender neutral sleepers (Elli's old ones), 4 PU onsies (different sizes), and 2 white, newborn long sleeved onsies (which we probably won't use since he'll be born in the summer and we'll need short sleeved....oh well). I'll be busy, but its kind of fun thinking about litte boys clothes since I'm so used to girls.



No comments:

Post a Comment