The Lindvall Family

The Lindvall Family
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, January 17, 2014

New Year

I'm just about caught up on the blog, as I neglected it for a few weeks.  

We had a very, low key New Years Eve this year!  We took the kids to see Christmas lights, got hot chocolate, then came back home to watch the ball drop (well….Scott is the only one who lasted that long).  This was our first year in awhile that we weren't with friends on New Year's and I missed being with them, but didn't have enough energy this year to hang out (pathetic I know). 

We had a really, really great 2013.  Elli turned 3, began 2-day preschool, and started taking a weekly dance class.  Connor turned 2 and we've really seen his personality develop this past year.  We were able to travel to Florida in February, Dale Hollow in August, and Disney World in October.  Scott and I traveled to Mexico in March with his company and Tennessee in December for a wedding.  I was also able to travel with him to Florida in January on a work trip.  We had decided to sell our house last spring and had it on the market at the end of July and sold by September.  We were both nervous about this, but we are still really happy with our decision.  Scott had another successful year with NetJets and continues to love his job.  I've heard many people say they were ready to get the past year over with and I've thought, no way….we've had an excellent year!  

What we weren't expecting this past year was a pregnancy.  We found out in November that we were expecting baby #3 and to say it was quite a shock is an understatement.  Although we hadn't ruled out the possibility of another child (ok…Scott kind of did), we wanted Elli to be at least 5 and Connor 3.5.

This pregnancy has been rough, really rough.  I've been sick, tired, have had many food aversions, and other pregnancy symptoms that I'll leave out.  We've been in survival mode around our house and I'm JUST NOW starting to slowly feel better.  It is safe to say that this will most definitely be my last pregnancy….ever…and I'm not one bit sad about it.  We were planning on me going back to work next fall while both kiddos were in preschool; however, we'll unfortunately be putting that on hold for a little bit longer.

Elli is unbelievably excited about the pregnancy….Connor doesn't understand.  Elli wants a baby sister and we're a little nervous to see her reaction if we do have a boy.  I think 'baby' is a girl and Scott thinks 'baby' is a boy.  I am due August 3rd and really just want a healthy, easy baby that sleeps through the night (is this possible????).  We are not going to find out the gender in advance, so it should be an exciting delivery.  And one of these days, Scott and I will get around to talking about names.  Because we didn't have a definite name for Connor right after we delivered him, he became 'Baby Boy Lindvall' and that name stayed with him all the way to Children's Hospital….I wasn't able to change it at his cardiologist until he was about 4 months old.  That won't happen with this child and hopefully we won't be running to Children's upon discharge!!     

 Here is our first couple pictures of the baby.  The dr. said the baby looks great so far!

So, 2014 will prove to be a very exciting year for us.  We have a trip to Florida planned in March and a trip to Gulf Shores over memorial day with my family….we haven't taken a trip with my family since Elli was 5 months old.  We had originally planned on Outerbanks in the fall, but we had to alter our plans because of new the baby….we'll try this next year! We'll be adding another kiddo to our family and also moving into a new house.  I have no doubts that this will be a great year for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment