The Lindvall Family

The Lindvall Family
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, November 22, 2010

1st steps & no paci

I love having a 9 month old!! Elli is so much fun these days!! I'm sad that this is our last week in single digits for age in months....I can't believe this Friday will mark 10 months! She's grown so much in these last 9 months! The past couple days we've been working on rolling the ball back and forth to each other. She's doing better at waiting for the ball and is realizing that the other person will roll it back to her.

Elli surprised us on Saturday by taking her 1st couple steps!! She of course did it for Scott while I was upstairs in the shower (of course we spend almost everyday together, but she waits to do it for Scott....little stinker). Scott was pretty excited that she did it for him! She's only done it a couple other times since then and she's only done 2 tiny steps at a time for us. Daycare said she did about 3-4 tiny steps today....they are very little steps!! We are quite a ways from perfecting this new found skill, but it is exciting nonetheless!

We continue to try a sippy cup. Although she has taken a few true sips out of it the past couple days, she still doesn't enjoy it. We will probably have to go "cold turkey" on the bottle....We probably won't take this away for another couple months when we switch over to whole milk. I'm not looking forward to cutting her "cold turkey" from the bottle, as I'm sure it'll be a rough couple days! On a happy note, we thought we'd put her to bed without a pacifier and she is sleeping soundly with no pacifier to be found in the crib!!!! I hadn't thought I'd take it away before a year (and I'm not sure she will be without it for good....esp. since that is how they put her to bed at daycare and she still goes there 1 more day this week), but we'll try no pacifier for naps tomorrow!

Below are pictures from our shopping trip on Saturday! There was a smurf parade going on in our Macy's and the workers just thought she needed a smurf headband. We didn't join in on the fun because...well...she's not old enough to realize what she was missing....we figure we don't have too much longer until she's begging us to join in, so we will seize these opportunities while we can :)





She was so over the headband
*********************************************
I took this video on Saturday in the car....Elli was exhausted! She sneezed and I said "Bless You" and she thought it was the funniest thing. So I decided to start taping. She wasn't laughing as much as she was before I started the video, but her little giggle is cute. Sorry for the annoying loud voice...try and tune me out!


(If you turn up your volume you can hear scott's road rage coming out towards the end of the video :) )
****************************************************************
Just a video of Elliana doing a little bit of her dance routine!

Among many things, this year I'm thankful for a little 9 month old whom last year I didn't know, but could only feel! Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment