The Lindvall Family

The Lindvall Family
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, July 4, 2011

July 4th weekend

Happy 4th of July!!So far we've had a great summer and know that here in a couple weeks we will be making some big adjustments with a new baby. We're enjoying our last couple weekends together as a family of 3 + Bella (with the exception of the 17th when Scott makes a quick trip to IN and then heads to Chicago for a few days and Elli and I travel to Mansfield for 3 days to stay in a water park hotel...and we have some family functions that weekend as well, but I think she'll be really excited about the water park. It is so nice that some of my family lives only an hour away...makes traveling so much easier).

We've had a great weekend and are extremely sad to see it come to an end. We had originally thought we'd take Elli somewhere not too far away over the weekend, but decided we'd stick around home due to some big upcoming purchases here within the next couple months! We rarely spend 3 day weekends at home....it was so nice and I'm glad we decided to stay around here. Although we didn't go anywhere, we managed to do a couple new things that we'd never done.

So....how did we spend our long weekend??

Elli and I made a quick trip to Mansfield on Friday to see my dad and grandparents. My dad was painting their house and managed to get away for a few hours to spend some time with us. Elli was all ready to go with purse in hand and sunglasses on for the ride.

Elli then got to go swimming.....
Grandma and I sat and watched while my dad and Grandpa chased Elli around the pool. It was so nice to be the one not chasing her around....I enjoyed just watching from my seat! We ended our trip to Mansfield early after we got ice cream since Scott got out of work early.
***********************************************************
We didn't have the best weather on Saturday, so we decided to take Elli to the mall play area. They had re-done the indoor play area since I had been there last and it is so nice, but was very crowded....



This picture made Scott and I laugh, but it probably doesn't have the same affect on people that weren't there. She was ducking her head to make sure she didn't hit it.

We ended our night having dinner out with some of our friends! They left their kiddo home with their parents (a luxury we don't have), so they got to help us entertain Elliana while at dinner :) Ha....so much for a kid-free night for them!
***************************************************
We wore Elli out on Sunday and it didn't help that she hardly took a nap that day!
So....the picture above is a fake smile, but at least she is starting to smile on command. We had a little extra time in the morning. Last week when we went to church the toddler room was all full due to the child dedications, so she had to sit in the service with us. Luckily, our friends helped us entertain her during the service. This week, we made sure to be their extra early to get her a spot in the toddler room.
Looking at Daddy!!

After Scott and I fixed a 4-star meal....no really....it was so good! We made ribs that were delicious and took forever to cook....we headed off to the New Albany pool. We were shocked that we had never been to this pool before. It was HUGE! The picture below is of just the kid area. This was only 1/4th of the pool. There were two huge slides (one that you rode on with a tube and the other a body slide) for adults. Scott enjoyed going on the slides and Elli thought it was hilarious to watch him go down.

Can you find Elli in the above picture??

We stayed at the pool for a couple hours and then went to get ice cream down the rode at a new ice cream place. (Sarah and Travis....we got one of those frozen yogurt places like the one we went to in Vegas right down the road!!)
Didn't I mention Elli was exhausted? She didn't take much of a nap that day despite our best attempts. Scott found her like this in her bed (she's sleeping with a pillow now and absolutely loves it). Scott and I spent a few hours outside just talking and watching our neighbors shoot off illegal fireworks. Did you know fireworks were illegal in Ohio....lame...I know. We had the hardest time finding some. We were excited to light some off only to realize Scott accidentally picked up a "poppers" package instead of fountains. For our fireworks, you pull a string and confetti comes out....lame....big disappointment....and such a waste of money....however, we did have a pretty good laugh!
***********************************************
And because we were celebrating the 4th, we decided that doughnuts were a necessity for our breakfast this morning.
Nope....not a clown....that's our little girl! You might wonder, "Why are they in the office?" Well....we were skyping with my parents right before breakfast....Scott started breakfast while I finished talking and had to bring this little beauty in to show my parents before they left on their trip. Elli still loves skyping, but enjoys eating doughnuts even more!
"Open your mouth Elli" I know....we teach her the best manners while eating!

We met some of our friends at the New Albany parade this morning. This was the 1st time Elli had ever been to a parade and she LOVED it!! She especially loved getting all the candy and ran out like the big kids to snatch it.....Scott and I loved watching her!!

Notice the beads and the bracelet on the ground?? Well....she found the necklaces while I was going through some of my grandmother's things. I let her have them. She must have found them and that big bracelet before we left because she just had to wear them....at least she's festive!
She was too focused on the speaker to look at the camera.
It of course started raining a bit right before the parade!
Joe, Siena, Aubrey, Elli and Scott
We then had Joe, Rachel, and Siena over for a cookout after the parade. We put the girls down for a nap (which didn't last long) then went on a walk. We ended our day by taking Elli to the park to swing and taking Bella swimming in the pond! Elli was once again exhausted when we put her down for bed tonight. We have a busy morning, as we have to be out the door by 6:40 to get to an appt. for Elli. She didn't pass her last hearing test, so they are doing another test tomorrow....lets hope she's not too tired to cooperate!!
******************************************
We have another fun weekend coming up! We will be celebrating Scott's birthday this weekend which is on the 12th!

If I slack off on updating the blog it is because I have taken up a new hobby...SEWING!! I bought a sewing machine last weekend....it took me one week with help from a friend to figure out how to use it :) Sad...I know, but I haven't touched a sewing machine since maybe home ec class in 7th grade. Scott thinks it is pretty funny since I'm not extremely crafty, but I'm excited to learn how to use it. I've got 2 projects that I want to get done before this baby is here....1. making Elli a pillowcase that matches her bedroom and 2. making my 2 babes matching outfits when "bubba" arrives. Have you ever seen a pillowcase dress for little girls or a tie onsie for little boys? Well...they are pretty cute and I'm excited to start on these projects. I've already got all the material and I've been spending a lot of time on youtube.com trying to figure out how to make them. I don't understand half the terms they are using and have seriously considered getting "Sewing for Dummies" just to learn how to use my machine and get started. Once again...sad, but I only have a short period of time to get these 2 projects done and I'm not quite sure how to sew :) Wish me luck!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment